Visit the Louvre Museum in Paris to witness masterpieces such as Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa. Admission is guaranteed within 30 minutes.
Explore the Louvre at your own speed with a timed-entry ticket that guarantees you entry within 30 minutes. See classic works of art such as the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo.
Discover Renaissance masterpieces and Egyptian artefacts, as well as paintings ranging from the 13th to the 20th century.
The museum was opened on August 10, 1793, with only 537 paintings on display. Despite being closed owing to structural issues in 1796, it reopened in 1801 as the Musée Napoléon with a larger collection.
Since then, the collection has grown to include 20,000 items. Egyptian Antiquities, Near Eastern Antiquities, Greek, Etruscan, and Roman Antiquities, Islamic Art, Sculpture, Decorative Arts, Paintings, and Prints and Drawings are now the eight departments.
- Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later: Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions: Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1.5 hours: Check availability to see starting times.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Benefit from fast and easy skip-the-ticket-line entrance
- Marvel at works of art, from Ancient Egypt to the Renaissance
- Spend as much time as you like inside the museum and explore at your own pace
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
- Oversize luggage
- Your entrance time may be 30 minutes before or after the one you request. For example, if you select 2:00 PM, your entrance time might be 1:30 PM, 2:00 PM, or 2:30 PM
- Last entry into the museum is one hour before closing and you will be asked to vacate the museum 30 minutes before closure
- The museum opening hours are: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday: 9 AM to 6 PM; Friday: 9 AM to 9:45 PM; Tuesday: Closed
- You will need to wait in the security line
- You will receive your Louvre tickets via email
- Some rooms have been temporarily closed
- The Salle des États (where the Mona Lisa is displayed) will be entered and exited through separate doors
- The loan of strollers or wheelchairs will remain possible
- Visitors with free entry (‘Pass Education’ holders, under 18s, and EU residents under 25, all with valid ID) need to book a time slot online on the Louvre website in order to be able to enter with you
Please show your ticket to the security guards at the special Priority Access queue at the Louvre Museum’s Pyramid main entrance, Porte des Lions entrance, or Carrousel gate. You will then be subjected to airport-style security screening. You can then enter the museum with your ticket.