Kansas City is a vibrant and bustling city located in the heart of the Midwest. Known for its delicious barbecue, jazz music, and friendly locals, Kansas City is a great destination for a weekend getaway or a longer vacation. Here are 10 things to do in Kansas City that will make your trip unforgettable:
- Visit the Kansas City Zoo – The Kansas City Zoo is home to over 1,300 animals from around the world, including lions, giraffes, and elephants. The zoo also features a children’s petting zoo, a sea lion show, and a train ride through the African Plains.
- Explore the Country Club Plaza – The Country Club Plaza is a shopping and dining district that is home to over 150 shops and restaurants. This beautiful outdoor shopping center is a great place to stroll around and take in the sights and sounds of the city.
- Visit the National World War I Museum – The National World War I Museum is a must-see for history buffs. This museum tells the story of the Great War and its impact on the world through interactive exhibits, artifacts, and personal stories.
- Check out the Kansas City Art Institute – The Kansas City Art Institute is a world-renowned art school that offers classes and workshops for all ages. Visitors can also take a tour of the school’s galleries, which feature works by students, faculty, and visiting artists.
- Take a stroll through the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art – The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is one of the largest art museums in the Midwest. Visitors can view a wide variety of artworks from around the world, including paintings, sculptures, and artifacts from ancient cultures.
- Visit the American Royal Museum – The American Royal Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the American West. The museum features exhibits on cowboys, Native Americans, and the history of the American West.
- Take a cruise on the Missouri River – The Missouri River is one of the most beautiful and historic rivers in the country. Visitors can take a scenic cruise on one of the many riverboats that operate on the river.
- Explore the Liberty Memorial – The Liberty Memorial is a World War I memorial that is located in the heart of Kansas City. Visitors can take a tour of the memorial, which includes a museum and an observation deck.
- Visit the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum – The Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum is a great place to learn about the life and legacy of one of America’s most popular presidents. Visitors can take a tour of the museum, which features exhibits on Truman’s life and the history of his presidency.
- Take a walk through the Kauffman Memorial Garden – The Kauffman Memorial Garden is a beautiful garden that is located in the heart of Kansas City. Visitors can stroll through the garden and take in the sights and sounds of nature.
Kansas City is a city with a lot to offer, from its delicious barbecue, to its historic sites and beautiful gardens. Whether you’re interested in history, art, or just want to explore a new place, Kansas City is the perfect destination. So pack your bags, and get ready to experience the best of the Midwest.