You must have heard this trending word “Digital Marketing” plenty of times but I guess you are still a bit confused about what it means.
Let me help you out, in this article, I will be talking about what marketing means, fundamentals of marketing, Digital marketing vs. Traditional marketing, CATT Marketing Funnel, Integrated Digital Marketing, and Personal Branding as well.
Sounds relatable? Keep reading…
Marketing in simple words refers to any activity that a brand undertakes to promote its products and services in a market among its customers.
It’s a very broad term and includes various methods like advertising, door-to-door selling, pamphlets distribution, media, and tv promotions as well as the latest of all Digital marketing.
Although the methods may vary from brand to brand the end goal remains the same for all, to sell the products or services profitably.
The Fundamentals of Marketing
There are four basic marketing principles or the fundamentals also known as the 4Ps of marketing. They are Product, Price, Place, and Promotion.
- Product: The goods or services that a brand or company wishes to offer its customers.
- Price: The cost that the customer has to pay to buy that product or use that service is the price.
- Place: Where and how the product reaches its buyers, be it a departmental store or an eCommerce site.
- Promotion: Marketing channels through which a brand reaches out to its customers to sell its products.
Digital Marketing vs. Traditional Marketing
We are very familiar with most of the traditional methods of marketing like advertisements on Newspapers, radios, and TVs, hoardings, banners, pamphlets, posters, etc.
The new age of marketing that uses various tools and services available on the internet to promote a product or a service virtually is known as digital marketing.
In this era of the digital revolution more and more people are getting access to the internet and smartphones and today we have a global network of people connected through these mediums.
Digital marketing help brands leverage this opportunity to reach a wide variety of audience globally at a much more cost-effective price as compared to the traditional methods.
We can further divide digital marketing into five major components:
- Paid search: also known as the pay-per-click (PPC) advertising where brands pay search engines and other websites for referrals to their products or service on per click basis.
- SEO: Search engine optimization means boosting our own website and its content while focusing on certain keywords to help our web pages appear on top search results organically.
- SMM: Social media marketing is the method of promoting using a brand’s social media channels on popular platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter to create brand awareness, leads, conversions, and sales.
- Email marketing: Although it’s considered a bit traditional in its approach but still the most direct way to reach out to your consumers and clients.
- Mobile marketing: Access to smartphones has changed the demographics very much and people are constantly checking their devices for new updates, mobile-friendly content has gained popularity among the marketers who are focusing on these generations of the digital world.
CATT Marketing Funnel
C.A.T.T. – means Content, Attention, Trust & Transaction
C.A.T.T is a fairly popular and simple marketing funnel based on the fundamentals of marketing that I just discussed with you, let me elaborate this for you in a simple way.
C stands for content here that is the real asset of your marketing campaign, don’t create content just to promote your product or service but create it to educate your customer, it should be knowledgeable and should bring value to your customer.
Content can be in any form be it a blog post, video, webinar, or ebook as well.
A that stands for attention is the traffic that you need to drive to your content from various marketing channels like social media, paid to advertise, etc.
T stands for trust and you have to build it over time by posting consistently and reaching out to your audience again and again by providing them valuable content each time.
T that stands for transaction at this stage you convert your leads into customers and sales.
…and this cycle can continue forever provided the fundamentals are kept in check.
Using this CATT Marketing Funnel your wealth from your business can be calculated as
Where n is your niche or your area of expertise in a hungry market where you can solve people’s problems through your skills.
Integrated Digital Marketing
So far we have already learned about the basics of digital marketing and its components like
Search Engine Marketing (PPC), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO or Organic Traffic), Email Marketing, and Content Marketing.
The integrated digital marketing process is the next-gen marketing method where we as marketers use all the above methods in sync with each other keeping the content at the center of the process.
This way each method strengthens the other and we can use each one the most effective and the overall process is fully optimized.
Digital Deepak, the digital marketing legend in India refers to this Integrated Digital Marketing approach as Content Marketing 2.0!
The Power of Personal Branding
“The Best Known Will Always Beat The Best”
This quote suits perfectly both for a product and as well as for a person.
In this era of digital creators having your brand is a necessity as well as a wonderful asset to promote your business.
People instantly connect to people and want to hear from them, as a personal brand can take the advantage of this human psychology and influence your community to be the best brand in your niche.
Elon Musk is one of the best examples of a dominating personal brand in the whole world, he has more followers than his brands Tesla and SpaceX.
Besides selling your products and services, a personal brand allows you to be an influencer as well as a brand ambassador or an affiliate for other brands as well.
Glad to see that you have read this blog post till the end, I hope it helped you to find the answers you were looking for, now I want to know about you and your challenges, in particular, maybe I could be of some more help, drop a comment.